Recent Post

A Little Rant Today: Just Do It.

Posted by Unknown on

I see a lot of people in my practice.  I train approximately 50 clients per week, and I get several inquiries on top of that.  And here is the thing I think a lot of people don't realize:

I am not a magician. 

I know a hell of a lot about exercise and nutrition, and what I don't know, I generally have access to the appropriate resource with the answer.  I have tools beyond tools to make things as generally painless as possible for people from all walks of life to make the transition into a healthy lifestyle.  I make myself constantly available as a support system as much as humanly possible.  But at the end, there is only so much I can do for anyone else.

Getting healthy and fit is not easy.  If it were, everyone would already be there.  It takes work, dedication, and willpower.  And you have to really want it, or it's just not going to happen. 

I assume if you contacted me (or another trainer), you did so for a reason.  The thing is, simply having a trainer is not going to make you healthy.  You have to do your part.  Maybe you've been habitually eating fast food for the last 20 years.  Maybe you hate vegetables.  Maybe you hate exercise.  But at some point, you are going to have to ask yourself this:

Is my health more important than a hamburger?
Is my health more important than sitting on the couch?
Is my health more important than not at least trying to incorporate some kind of vegetables into my eating plan?

I really hope the answer is yes.  And if it is, you're going to have to suck it up and get out of your comfort zone and learn how to do what it takes to reach your goals. 

If the answer is not yes, well, honestly, there is absolutely nothing I or anyone else can do for you until it is.  And you would, quite frankly, be wasting your time and mine thinking I would somehow wave a magic wand and make Big Macs, sodas, and watching TV for hours good for you.

If you care about your body, stop making excuses and do the work.  You will see results, and you might even find you like your new lifestyle (most people do).

Abracadabra.

Previous
« Prev Post

No comments:

Post a Comment

hi all go coments